Welcome to your preparation page, Villa del Paraiso awaits for your visit.

What do i need to cross to Mexico

Ways to Cross the Border

Crossing the border into Mexico usually takes just a few minutes, and American travelers going no farther south than Ensenada for 72 hours or less do not need a Mexican tourist card.

People have several choices for traveling between Tijuana and San Diego.

Tourists can drive down to the border on I-5 south or California State Route 905 east. You can drive to Tijuana after passing through the highway inspection gate at the border, also, make sure to fill your vehicle with enough gas for the one- to two-hour wait in line coming back into the United States.

Getting there

Whether you are a repeat client or if this is your first visit to Villa del Paraiso, we want to make your traveling as smooth and simple as possible. So here are some tips and tricks for your convenience for your visit to Villa del Paraiso Rosarito in Baja.

First of all, get to know all mayor places of your visit and its surroundings, ok but you don’t have to be an expert, so, here are some maps for you to download.

Hand holding mobile smart phone with blank screen Isolated on white background

Don’t like to print on paper

Did you know you can download your google maps to your phone?

Download a map to use offline

  1. On your phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.

  2. Make sure you’re connected to the Internet and signed in to Google Maps.

  3. Search for a place, like Villa del Paraiso, Rosarito.

  4. At the bottom, tap the name or address of the place tap More.

  5. Select Download offline map.

When returning to the US


Trusted Traveler Program Cards

Proof of Citizenship

Non-Us Citizens

US citizens can cross the border coming back from Tijuana with nothing more than a valid passport or a US passport card. The passport card is a limited-use document that is less bulky and less expensive than a regular passport, but it is valid only for travel by land and sea.

US Customs and Border Protection also recognizes Trusted Traveler Program Cards such as SENTRI and NEXUS. These cards serve as identification and can speed your entry into the United States. Only preapproved, low-risk travelers can obtain these cards, and their validity applies only to land and sea entry.

Americans without passports or special documents also can return across the border from Tijuana with two proofs of citizenship, according to Frommer’s. The most common documents include a driver’s license and birth certificate, though documents such as military identification also work. Travelers 18 and younger must have a birth certificate if they are crossing without a passport.

Non-US citizens face a more arduous process when crossing the border from Mexico to the United States, as officials are tasked with stemming the flow of illegal immigrants. All non-US citizens must carry a valid passport as well as form I-94 and a multiple-entry visa. Legal aliens residing in the United States can cross over with a passport and their resident alien card. More information can be obtained from the US Department of State online at travel.state.gov or by calling 202-647-5225.

What can I bring to Mexico, and how can I do it?

When you arrive to Mexico by land, you should take a good look at what line or lane you go before crossing the border. Which lane you will use depends on what you bring with you to Mexico. There are usually many lanes that say, “Nothing to Declare,” and one or two lanes on the right that say, “Declaration Lane.”

This lane is used when you bring with you as a tourist: Your personal luggage, or merchandise that does not exceed US $ 300 per person.

Personal items, new or used, such as clothing, shoes, toiletries, in amounts according to your travel stay, (obviously not for sale). Photo and video camera and charger, 12 rolls for the camera, cell phone, radio, a pair of binoculars, a new or used laptop. (You must also be aware of the re-entry requirements of United States Customs regarding bringing a laptop and other high-value items back to the United States).

Books and magazines in quantities that are obviously not for sale.

Medicine for your personal use. In case of psychotropic drugs bring the prescription with you: Note: Be careful not to bring a large quantity of your medications. There have been some Americans who unfortunately imprisoned them for violating the law regarding prescription drugs.

Baggage needed to transport personal items

A musical instrument.

Camping tent and camping equipment.

Surfboard or windsurf board.

Personal items used by a disabled person.

20 packs of cigars, 25 cigars or 200 grams of tabacco, if you are of legal age.

3 liters of wine, beer or liquor if you are of legal age.

Up to $ 10,000 or its equivalent in another currency, national or foreign checks, and / or other monetary instruments.

In addition, the exemption for other items that are introduced to Mexico is US $ 75 or its equivalent in another currency per person. If you travel with other people, the exemption is cumulative. Remember to bring receipts for purchases you have made. If you bring items with a value greater than US $ 75, read about the Declaration Lane.

Although you have nothing to declare, you can be chosen at random for secondary inspection. When you reach the border, you will find a red light or green light. Red light means that you must step into the customs area for secondary inspection. Green light means that you can continue, although customs officers have the authority to ask you to press for review.

Useful tip: if there is a vehicle in front of yours at the time of crossing, wait your turn to receive the signal of light. If you follow the vehicle closely in front of you, you can cause the traffic light to light red by the combined weight of the two vehicles. Or, you may not turn on the traffic light and the officer will send it to secondary inspection.

If you are sent to secondary inspection, officers generally check what is in the trunk and inside the car to verify that you have nothing that you should have declared. The process takes less than a minute unless they find something undeclared. If you do not declare something that you should have declared, depending on what items are, you must pay the required fees, or the risk of confiscation of the goods or going to jail.

Weapons are illegal in Mexico. Do not try to cross the border with a weapon or ammunition. You can go to jail even if you did not have knowledge of the Law in that sense. If you bring more than $ 10,000 dollars or its equivalent in another currency, or documents for that amount, you must declare it to the Mexican Customs Officer, otherwise it is considered a crime.

You must also declare if you bring the following: animals, agricultural products, medicine that is not for your personal use.

If you bring merchandise with a value of more than US $ 75 per person, but not more than US $ 1000 (amounts greater than US $ 1000 require the services of a Mexican customs broker), you can declare the merchandise using the lane to declare Customs installations. There you can fill in the corresponding format (see the example). The tax to pay is usually 25% of the value of the merchandise and can be paid at a nearby bank (sometimes the bank is there within the customs area). Once you have paid the tax, you will be asked to press the semaphore button. If you get a red light, the officers will inspect your merchandise to make sure you paid the correct tax. If you get a green light, you can go ahead without a review.

Use the pay freeways. They are the safest way to travel in Mexico, carry pesos and a credit or debit card. On one side of the toll booth freeway you can find clean bathrooms.

Take Mexican currency. Before crossing, arrive at an exchange house and buy some pesos, the highways only accept pesos.

Fill the gas tank before crossing the border.

Baja California is very beautiful, enjoy it! We invite you to continue reading our tips section for your next visit to Villa del Paraiso.

Got Car Insurance?

Welcome to Baja Bound Insurance Services! Baja Bound makes it easy to buy Mexican insurance from underwriters you can trust. They work with two Mexico insurance providers, HDI Seguros and ACE Seguros. Both are subsidiaries of international insurance companies, so your policy is backed by a company you can depend on. Learn more about the car insurance for Mexico they offer in their Mexico insurance FAQs section and why you need Mexican Insurance when you head south across the border!

Villa del Paraiso Car Insurance 1

Hotels & Restaurants Near Villa del Paraiso

Here we offer a list of a few Hotels & Restaurants near our waves

If you are atending an event at Villa del Paraiso, please contact your event host for possible discount codes.

Bobby’s by the sea

“The Fun Zone.” Bobby’s By The Sea is located in the heart of this area which gives you easy access to a vast selection of recreational opportunities. You will always have something to do during your stay no matter what time of the year it is.

Las Olas Resort Spa

Is a 194 condominium luxury development on Bahia Calafia. As its name implies, you will be able to let yourself be drawn into relaxation by the murmur of the waves and the most spectacular ocean view, as you watch dolphins pass by on their daily swim.

Puerto Nuevo Hotel & Villas

Stay at Puerto Nuevo Baja, Hotel & Villas and take advantage of an unbeatable location. Our hotel in Baja is situated in front of the imposing Pacific Ocean, only 10 minutes from downtown Rosarito and 1 block from the famous Lobster Village.

Tapanco Steak House

In Playas de Rosarito Tapanco restaurant is one of the best options to enjoy the most delicious dishes of traditional and modern Mexican cuisine, also specialties that highlight us, based on rabbit, quail, lamb and delicious seafood.

Splash Restaurant Baja Ca.

A few minutes from Rosarito heading to Valle de Guadalupe is one of the best seafood restaurants in the area, their delicious dishes with specialty in traditional Mexican cuisine are something you must taste before returning home.